When you are thinking about renting a house always make sure to go through a respectable letting agent. If you don’t you will quickly find yourself with unnecessary problems.
So what do good letting agents do?
- They do a credit check on you. This is to determine if you have a good credit record.
- They check your payslip. This is to make sure you can afford the rent every month.
- They ask for a month’s rent as a deposit.
- They have a valid contract. They will go through the contract with you and remember to check what the penalty clause is if you should decide to cancel the lease agreement before the expiry date.
- The rent should not go up by more than 10% per year.
- They walk through the property with you and do an inspection to check what needs fixing.
- They setup a debit order so you don’t have to worry about the rent every month, just make sure you have enough money in your account every month.
- They will make sure you have a contact number where you can reach them if you need them.
All this might sound intimidating but remember, if the letting agent does all these things it shows you that they are legit and you won’t have any problems if you need them and when you need to get your deposit back, o yes, when you get your deposit back they are supose to pay you the interest earned on the money as well.
It would seem that there is an interest in Cape Town property. People are starting to realize that if you own a rentable property in Cape Town you can get great returns when 2010 arrives.
There has been reports of an influx of business people and over seas visitors that want to rent property for the 2010 world cup. It goes without saying that Sea Point/Green Point, where the stadium is, is becoming more popular by the day.
Yes that’s right, ESKOM might actually be good for property prices. How can I say that? Well, the fact that for the next 5 years there are probably not going to be any new developments happening and this will most definitely cause a shortage in property. That will cause property prices to rise.
This is probably not good news for first time buyers and that is why I think now is the time to get into the property market. Currently it would seem, with the interest rate hikes and America on the verge of a recession, that we are experiencing a buyers market. This is the perfect time to get your hands on property at affordable prices.
So, do what ever you can to get into the property market this year, the world cup is also on it’s way so next year is going to be interesting to see what happens to the property market.
The inspection team is confident that Ellis park’s revamp is on track and it will be completed in time for the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup.
The Ellis park upgrade started September 2007 and is expected to be finished by July 2008 at a cost of R81 million. It will be one of the venues to host semi-finals of the 2010 FIFA Soccer World Cup.
This is good news for the property market. Most experts agree that 2010 will boost property growth and that is great, as long as you have property.